I am pleased to write letters of recommendation for students who have performed well in my classes. I’m sure you’re aware that a letter of recommendation works as a supporting document highlighting your strengths (or weaknesses). Students who meet the following criteria may be eligible for strong recommendation letters.
- I prefer to write recommendation letters for students who have earned an 85 or better in my classes.
- I prefer to write recommendation letters for students who are under my thesis supervision.
I require at least two weeks to finish a recommendation letter. Because many students request letters of recommendation at the same time, I write several letters of recommendation simultaneously. I require sufficient time to know the materials in order to write a recommendation letter and coordinate my schedule. It is difficult for me to write a detailed recommendation letter in an emergency.
Students who meet the above criteria should prepare the following materials and email them to me.
- Your CV.
- Your statement of purpose.
- Supporting documents of your strengths (paper, presentation, etc).
- A description of the program which you are applying to. If you are applying to multiple programs, it is better to provide me with a full list.
- Contact information of the receiving parties.
- Deadline for the letter.
- Submission method (email, website, etc)