I am happy to write letters of recommendation for students who have shown outstanding performance in my classes. I hope you know that the letter of recommendation is a supporting document to highlight your strengths (or weaknesses). Students who meet the following conditions can receive strong letters of recommendation.
- I prefer to write letters of recommendation to a student with a grade of 88 or higher in my classes.
- I prefer to write letters of recommendation to a student under my thesis supervision.
I need at least 2 weeks to write a recommendation letter. Many students ask for letters of recommendation at the same season, so I write several letters of recommendation at the same time. I need enough time to understand the materials to write a recommendation letter and coordinate my schedule. In an urgent situation, it is not easy for me to write a detailed recommendation letter.
Students who meet the above conditions should prepare the following materials and send me an email.
- Your CV.
- Your statement of purpose.
- Supporting documents of your strengths (paper, presentation, etc).
- A description of program which you are applying. If you are applying to multiple programs, it is better to provide me a full list.
- Contact information of the receiving parties.
- Deadline for the letter.
- Submission method (email, website, etc)